Do you want to lead one of the best organizations on campus?
Join us for UM-Dearborn’s annual SOLID conference!
Student Organization Leaders In Development
- Saturday, September 14, 2013
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Fairlane Center North, Quad E
- With special guest: Elaine Penn
SOLID is a day-long conference, aimed at you, a UM-D student leader. Learn about University resources and develop leadership skills that will help your organization thrive this year!
Some of the workshop topics will be:
- Budgeting – Is there never enough money for the great things you want to do? Avoid the negative balance blues by attending this session!
- Program planning – Have you ever an awesome event on campus and have no one show up? Do you want to avoid this? This is the session for you!
- Leadership – Leading your organization shouldn’t be more stressful than the GRE or MCAT! Attend and learn strategies to motivate and lead your organization.
- Civic Engagement – Ever think you and your organization should be doing more in the community? Attend this session to learn about the great resources and opportunities available to you!
- Diversity and Inclusion – Do your meetings and events make everyone on campus feel welcome and included? Attend to learn strategies to include and embrace the diverse student population on our campus.
SOLID will also give you an opportunity to:
- Network with other student leaders
- Opportunities to develop collaborative program ideas
- Meet and mingle with the Student Activities Office staff
- Gain an upper hand on leading and running a student organization
- Understand University policies and resources that will help you have more successful events!
Registration opens July 1, 2013. Stop back soon!
Advisors of student organizations are welcome to attend SOLID or there is a special Advisor Forum occurring in the afternoon. Advisors may register for this forum, which includes:
- Lunch with your student organization members
- Keynote speaker presentation
- Advisor Information Session and Networking Forum
The Advisor Forum begins at 12pm and will end at 4pm.
To register for the Advisor Forum: Please complete the registration form when it becomes live.
Registration is CLOSED!
Registration is CLOSED! Registration will open on July 1, 2013. If you are interested in attending, please email Jon Larson at: email@example.com
Have 6 members register and attend SOLID, receive a $50 voucher for Campus Dining!
Have 10 members register and attend SOLID, receive a $50 voucher for Campus Dining and 1 free color banner (valued at $20)!
Spirit Award! New this year is the Spirit Award! Show off your student organization pride by wearing your student organization letters, bling, t-shirts, hats, whatever. A special award will be given to those showing the most pride!
If you need more information please contact Jonathan Larson firstname.lastname@example.org or 313 593-5390